“Opening New Doors” is a locally owned and operated Assisted Living Placement Agency here in New Hampshire. Our Placement Counselors are committed to working together with your family to locate assisted living and memory care programs with the ability to meet your social and medical needs, geographic preferences and budget. We have formed valuable relationships with assisted living and memory care communities in NH in order to offer families free placement services.
What We Do
- During our initial phone consult, our goal is to understand your family’s current situation and the type of assistance you are seeking. If you are seeking an assisted living program, we will discuss your loved one’s physical, social, financial and demographic needs.
- Based on information gathered during the initial phone consult, we will identify communities who offer programs to meet your family’s needs. Whether a program is able to meet your needs is based on the criteria below.
Level of Medical Care: Both home based and community based assisted living programs assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). The level of medical care a community provides is determined by the license issued by the state along with the policies set by the individual communities. Injectable medications, liquid oxygen, lack of mobility, incontinence or a diagnosis of dementia will affect available options. Finances: The starting rate for resident/home-based programs is $2800 a month. The cost for a community-based program is between $4,200 and $9,000 a month, dependent on accommodations and level of medical care required. Those who are utilizing state assistance are typically limited to resident based programs. Personal Preferences: Personal preferences, as listed below, can make all the difference when it comes to making the final decision as to which community is the best fit.
- If we are able to assist you in your search, we will schedule a follow up meeting to discuss the specific communities who have the highest likelyhood of meeting your needs. If we are unabe to assist you, we put you in contact with other agencies that may be able to assist you. During the follow up meeting, we will discuss such things as the social and medical services offered, physical layout, rate structure, admission requirements and space availability of each of the specific communities.
- Based on your preference, we are able to coordinate and accompany you on site tours at communities of your choice. We provide one-on-one support and guidance throughout the decision-making process and physical transition into the assisted living community of your choice.
Once we have established which assisted living communities can meet your loved ones needs, we can begin to take into consideration their personal preferences. They make all the difference when it comes to making their new home, feel like home.
- Availability of On site Rehab
- Availability of Licensed/Certified Medical Staff
- Designated Staff Physician
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Specialized Communities
- Secured vs Non Secured Environments
- Men to Woman Ratios
- Ethnic Make Up of the Community
- Pet Policy
- Availability of off site shuttle services
- Transportation to and from Medical Appointments
We look forward to providing personalized and compassionate assistance while “Opening New Doors” for seniors. Let us know what may make all the difference to your loved one.