“Opening New Doors” is New Hampshire’s only non-franchised, locally owned and operated, Senior Living Placement Agency. Since 2010 we have been providing education and support to families who need to understand Senior Living options in New Hampshire and the Merrimack Valley of Massachusetts.
What We Do
- We talk with you. Understanding your family’s situation is the first step in determining whether our services are a good fit for your needs. It is important we understand the type of medical and/or dementia care needed, availability of finances to cover the cost of care, preferred location, and time frame.
- We determine if our Senior Living Placement Services may be a good fit for the support the family is seeking. If you are ready to move forward with working together, we would schedule an in-person or Zoom video call. The retainer fee of $250.00 would be payable upon our first consul. At that time we can start discussing licensed Senior Living communities here in New Hampshire and/or The Merrimack Valley of Massachusetts.
Level of Medical Care: In New Hampshire, Assisted Living communities are either licensed as Residential Care or Supported Residential Care. Both assist with Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). The level of medical and dementia care a community can provide is determined by the license issued by the state along with the policies set by the individual communities.
Finances: The starting rate for a Residential Care program averages $4000 a month. The starting rate for a Supported Residential program averages $6000 per month. The starting rate for a secured Memory Care Community averages $7000 per month. Accommodations and the level of medical and dementia care required affect the total monthly rent. Those who are relying on Medicaid assistance to cover the cost of care are typically limited to Residential Care programs.
Personal Preferences: Personal preferences can make all the difference when deciding on which community is the best fit.
- We will discuss such things as the social and medical services offered, physical layout, rate structure, admission requirements, and apartment availability of each of the specific communities.
- Based on your preference, we are able to coordinate and accompany you on tours at communities of your choice. One-on-one support and guidance is offered throughout the decision-making process. We continue to be a source of support throughout the transition into the Senior Living community and provide post-move-in checks.
Once we have established which assisted living communities can meet your loved one’s needs, we can begin to take into consideration their personal preferences. They make all the difference when it comes to making their new home, feel like home.
- Availability of On-site Rehab
- Availability of Licensed/Certified Medical Staff
- Designated Providers On-Site
- Dementia/Alzheimer’s Specialized Communities
- Secured vs Non-Secured Environments
- Men to Woman Ratios
- Ethnic Make-Up of the Community
- Pet Policy
- Availability of off-site shuttle services
- Transportation to and from Medical Appointments
We look forward to providing personalized and compassionate assistance while “Opening New Doors” for seniors. Let us know what may make all the difference to your loved one.